Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
While initially looking at the chart, you may not think that the 58.5 degree result on this chart isn't all that good, you have to look at it for what it is. The company it keeps on the charts is all where we would expect it to be where we find other compact and low-profile coolers. The other way to look at this is that we are still more than 20 degrees cooler than the stock cooler can do, and with much less noise.
We honestly had very low expectations for this test, and even thought we would see throttling like with the stock Intel cooler. We were pleasantly surprised to see that this cooler can take everything we put to every other cooler on this chart and it still does well for its size. Considering this is oriented at gamers, knowing this cooler will leave you in the clear, even if a bit warm at 82.16 degrees, your processor will not be slowing your games down.
Noise Level Results
With the fan allowed to spin at 1100 RPM, we see that this thin fan does quite well when it comes to keeping noise at bay. The 27 dB rating is of course not the lowest you will see with the Steropes, but is still darn good for any fan.
With the fan allowed to top out, we saw speeds of 1920 RPM. While Reeven rates this fan pretty loudly, we found that it only delivered 36 dB of noise at full speed. This is audible, but rest assured, your GPU fan is likely to be heard long before you hear this fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Steropes RC-1206 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit