Inside the Enthoo Evolv ITX
Finding a pair of broken zip ties, we assume that this pair of boxes would have been strapped to the plate on the right. We also see that the wiring is tended to at the bottom of the chassis, making sure it wasn't flopping around potentially scratching the window.
We had to get to this at some point, so why not now? We took the metal center plate off, and it exposes the large dust filter we placed to the right. Removing the filter allows access to remove or replace the front fans without needing to remove the rest of the bezel.
Behind all of that, at the top of the chassis, there is nothing. This is all room left open for water cooling potential. The plate at the bottom does, however, offer grommets to mount a 2.5" drive, and can also be used as a base for a pump or pump and reservoir combination.
Moving down behind that 200mm fan, we see that the plate sporting the Phanteks name is the one offering the SSD mount is removable as well. Below that, we see the chassis offers a steel cover plate to hide wiring and drive bays.
We did have to remove the entire bezel to remove the top, but removing the pair of screws to slide out this tray, we can now see got lost in the rest of the chassis below it. So, instead, we took the top off so that you can see the multitude of options for mounting cooling in said slide out tray.
This chassis holds Mini-ITX boards only, but the access hole will accommodate any Mini-ITX board socket location. The right side of the tray is bent out, but wire management is found above, to the right in two places, and below in two large holes.
Typically this is where you would slide in the PSU, but with the steel cover in play, that is now done from the right side. We do like that the plate is well ventilated so that dual slot cards can still draw air no matter where the fans may be.
Since there is no fan installed at the back of the chassis, we again can see the four long slots for fan mounting. Below that, we can see the flat head screws currently holding in the pair of white expansion slot covers.
Behind the motherboard tray there is a lot offered here too. The SSD tray at the top left, Velcro straps for wiring, some hardware in the bays at the bottom, and a larger access hole for the power supply to slide in at the bottom.
The bays at the bottom are for 3.5" drives, and they use plastic trays that slide out and they are tool-free. Remembering the screws under the chassis, and four above these bays, removing them allows this to come out if desired as well.
Even if you do remove the bays at the front, look at the lower rail, it has a bump at the same depth, so with or without the bays, you are limited to near 185mm to get the PSU in and supported on the four foam pads, which are used to help reduce vibrations.
The PWR LED leads are the shortest, but all of the wiring got where we needed it to be. This also includes the reset switch, HDD LED, native USB 3.0, power, HD Audio and 200mm fan power leads as well.
PRICING: You can find the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX retails for £42 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Enthoo Evolv ITX]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit