How Does The MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Stack Up?
Let's face it, you're not going to be buying a $650+ video card to game at 1080p, but some gamers will. We will always include 1080p results, but the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G really comes into its own at 1440p and 4K.
We run our 4K benchmarks at Medium/High settings for a more real-world feel, and at these settings, every single one of our games apart from Thief run at 60FPS. We have some kick ass results from MSI with the GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G. We will be comparing the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G directly against the reference GTX 980 Ti from NVIDIA.
Performance at 1080p
Kicking things off with Battlefield 4 at 1920x1080, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G is kicking some ass with 177FPS average, more than enough performance for any 1080p monitor on the market. Metro: Last Light enjoys a 13% boost in performance over the reference GTX 980 Ti. We have 12% more performance in Shadow of Mordor, while Thief and Tomb Raider have an additional 7% and 13% performance, respectively.
Performance at 1440p
Battlefield 4 has an additional 10% performance on the MSI card over the reference GTX 980 Ti at 2560x1440, while Metro: Last Light is 8% faster.
Shadow of Mordor enjoys another 12% performance on the GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G from MSI, with Thief seeing an additional 14% in performance. Tomb Raider at 1440p is 15% faster on MSI's card, a nice improvement at 2560x1440.
Performance at 4K
4K is where the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G really excels, but by how much? Starting with Battlefield 4, we have an additional 10% performance while Metro: Last Light has an extra 13% performance to play with.
Shadow of Mordor is always something pushing the boundaries on our testing, but the MSI card has an extra 12% performance in it, still losing to AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X. We have an extra 15% performance on Thief, while Tomb Raider excels on the MSI card by another 13%.
PRICING: You can find the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Video Card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Video Card retails for $785 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Video Card retails for £570 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!