Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
With MSI having a factory overclock on its GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G, I didn't expect to squeeze much more out of the card, but I did. I was able to drive the Boost Clock from 1279MHz on the OC Mode to 1299MHz.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
The reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti consumes a very respectable 360W of power, with the overclocked and faster MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G not using any more power than that. Even when it was overclocked, the MSI card was only using 390W of power.
For all of our testing, the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G didn't make a sound, and that's how we enjoy our cards lately. Of course for our testing we cranked the fans up manually to both 50% and 100%, but gaming at all resolutions the card is silent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]