In this section, I will go through overclocking this board.
Max CPU Overclock is found by setting the VCore/cache to 1.5v, CPU ratio to 45x and disabling any features that would result in CPU frequency fluctuation. I then proceed into Windows and use software to increase the multiplier; in this case I opted to use F-Stream.
5.2GHz is the maximum of our CPU on this board with ambient cooling. Maximum AIDA64 Stable Overclock (BIOS settings below for this):
I was easily able to pull off 4.8GHz on the CPU with 4.1GHz cache and a 2133MHz on my memory manually tuning the UEFI. This was quick and dirty because of time constraints, but I could go higher on cache and memory frequency.
For this review, I also used two DDR4 memory kits specifically designed for Skylake; the Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHzC16 (2x4GB) and G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHzC17 (2x4GB).
The Corsair 2666Mhz kit worked very well with just enabling XMP. However, most Z170 motherboards including the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 cannot run memory at 3600MHz, but I was able to get 3466MHz to work with the 34.66x memory multiplier and some tuning in the UEFI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Watching Movies and TV Topped US Entertainment Options in 2018, The NPD Group Says
- Cortus Announces the General Availability of a RISC-V Processor Family - from Low End Embedded Controller to 64 bit Processor with Floating Point
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28