Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime
For all the Clock for Clock tests I used memory speeds of 2133MHz for all CPUs, but I also ran the 6700K twice through once at 2133MHz and again at 2666Mhz. Since DDR4 has higher latencies than DDR3, and the Z97 and Z77 systems are running on their memory overclocked from 1600MHz to 2133MHz, I decided to also add in another standardized 6700K result named "6700K 4G/2666" which indicates that the memory on the 6700K is overclocked to 2666MHz to compensate for the increase latencies of the DDR4, later on I called this the adjusted 6700K results.
PCMark 8 Photoshop shows how this memory "adjustment" works. When the memory is at its default speed, the 6700K loses to the 4790K and 4770K (which both have their memory overclocked by 533MHz), but when I "adjust" the memory, the 6700K falls back into place as the winner.
This is an interesting trend to observe throughout the tests, because many of these benchmarks test both CPU and memory, and high memory latency can cause lower results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [6700K and the Z170 Chipset]
- Page 3 [Skylake Memory and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 8 [Out of the Box dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 11 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 12 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 13 [Out of the Box dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 14 [Statistical Analysis of Results]
- Page 15 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 16 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM