We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects decent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. Steady state is achieved at 2,600 seconds.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write heavy workload environment.
The M510DC delivers superior performance from QD1-4. The EVO takes charge from QD8-32. At QD32, the EVO is averaging 13,797 IOPS, the M510DC 11,052 IOPS. The largest gap in performance between the drives occurs at QD32. Both drives have the lead for half of the test. At QD2, the M510DC is outperforming the 845DC EVO by an average of 2,436 IOPS. At QD32, the 845DC EVO is outperforming the M510DC by an average of 2,745 IOPS.
Conclusion: The M510DC outperforms the 845DC at lower queue depths. The 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC at higher queue depths.
PRICING: You can find the Micron M510DC 480GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Micron M510DC 480GB retails for $353 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit