128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady state is achieved in a much shorter span of time than a random steady state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that the M510DC achieves steady state at 0 seconds of preconditioning, indicating that the previous 2x LBA fill phase achieved steady state.
The 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC from start to finish. Both drives deliver performance with very little variability from QD2-32. The 845DC EVO begins the test with 426 MB/s at QD1 and holds steady at 447 MB/s for the remainder of the test. The M510DC begins the test with 360 MB/s at QD1. From QD2-32, the M510DC is delivering between 400 - 402 MB/s. The M510DC is outperforming Micron's steady state sequential 128K QD32 write specification of by 22 MB/s.
There is no contest, the 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC by a large margin throughout the entire test. The largest gap between the drives occurs at QD2 with the 845DC EVO outperforming the M510DC by 155 MB/s. Both drives achieve maximum performance at QD4 and hold steady through QD32; the 845DC EVO at 548 MB/s, and the M510DC at 416 MB/s. The M510DC is performing slightly below Micron's sequential read specification of 420 MB/s.
Conclusion: The 845DC EVO delivers better sequential R/W performance than the M510DC.
PRICING: You can find the Micron M510DC 480GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Micron M510DC 480GB retails for $353 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit