128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady state is achieved in a much shorter span of time than a random steady state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that the M510DC achieves steady state at 0 seconds of preconditioning, indicating that the previous 2x LBA fill phase achieved steady state.
The 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC from start to finish. Both drives deliver performance with very little variability from QD2-32. The 845DC EVO begins the test with 426 MB/s at QD1 and holds steady at 447 MB/s for the remainder of the test. The M510DC begins the test with 360 MB/s at QD1. From QD2-32, the M510DC is delivering between 400 - 402 MB/s. The M510DC is outperforming Micron's steady state sequential 128K QD32 write specification of by 22 MB/s.
There is no contest, the 845DC EVO outperforms the M510DC by a large margin throughout the entire test. The largest gap between the drives occurs at QD2 with the 845DC EVO outperforming the M510DC by 155 MB/s. Both drives achieve maximum performance at QD4 and hold steady through QD32; the 845DC EVO at 548 MB/s, and the M510DC at 416 MB/s. The M510DC is performing slightly below Micron's sequential read specification of 420 MB/s.
Conclusion: The 845DC EVO delivers better sequential R/W performance than the M510DC.
PRICING: You can find the Micron M510DC 480GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Micron M510DC 480GB retails for $353 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- NZXT introduce the GRID+ V3 fan controller
- Seagate introduce Seagate Secure security features
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz