Installation and Finished Product
The back plate is pretty simple. Being made of plastic, there is no need for isolation materials, and all we had to do was to slide the studs into the inside and put it into the holes around the socket.
After flipping the motherboard over, we grabbed the four Intel LGA115x standoffs and sent them in until the threads stopped. At this time, the back plate and standoffs may still be loose and move around a bit, but that is fine.
When mounting the head unit to the motherboard with the large nuts at each corner, we find this to offer the strongest mounting pressure we have ever seen on a Hydro series cooler. Also while we are here, we powered the pump via the CPU FAN header, ran the fan power lead to the radiator, and were also sure to connect and route the Corsair Link cable.
With the amount of Link cable provided, it is easy enough to just wrap it behind the motherboard tray. If you do not have that option, there is still plenty of cable to route it down the right side of the motherboard and still keep things clean and tidy.
With everything now connected, we stepped back a bit to see both the head unit and the radiator with its fans on all in the same frame to give you a better idea of just how much room you will have to get to the top of the chassis, or the rear exhaust, maybe even to the front of some cases.
While we will be rotating the chassis through the various tests, we went with the radiator above the head unit. As you can tell, we are quite a ways away from the CPU, and there is still plenty of tubing to get us even further if need be.
We also snapped an image of the H80i GT under power to show you only one of the 16.8 million color choices that this can display. Not only will it keep a solid color, it also has the ability to change the color from blue to red based on the coolant temperature.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Hydro H80i for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Hydro H80i retails for $91 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Hydro H80i retails for £78 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced