Circuit Analysis Continued
The LEDs are controlled by a LUPIGAGA Bluetooth controller. Its name is actually a bit telling; the LUPIGAGA is used in a variety of toys to provide automation and/or remote control through Bluetooth connected smartphones. In this case, the dedicated Bluetooth controller connects to the smartphone and the MSI application provides real-time control of the LEDs without even being in Windows.
Every three RGB LEDs is controlled by a single Holylite Microelectronics Corporation HL5225 which is a 3-channel RGB controller. This allows for individual LED control to produce crazy-awesome effects.
A large Texas Instruments TPA6120A2 is a powerful amplifier used for the 6.3mm/front panel output, two other Texas Instruments LM4562 are audio amplifiers for the other outputs. MSI has gone a step further than most manufacturers with their ALC1150. While the ALC1150 is basically a large multi-channel DAC/ADC, MSI decided that it wasn't good enough and provided an ESS SABRE ES9018 8-channel DAC which supports up to 135dB DNR and -120dB THD+N. The Realtek ALC1150 is also present as are many Chemi-Con audio capacitors. Two other Texas Instruments OP1652 are also provided for other outputs. The audio on this motherboard is very nice and heavily equipped, just like a discrete audio card.
An ASMedia ASM1142 provides two USB 3.1 ports on the backpanel, and an ASM1042 provides the bottom USB 30 internal header.
There are many ASMedia ASM1464 which are USB 3.0 re-drivers, they ensure the best USB 3.0 performance even when the ports are located far from the PCH, such as those on the backpanel and internal headers. There are also a handful of ASMedia 1467 which are re-drivers for SATA/M.2 and provide a clean signal for the Turbo M.2 slot, which also supports the U.2 adapter.
Pericom PI3PCIE which are PCI-E 2.0 quick switches. Eight of them are used to distribute the lanes for PCI-E slots, and two others are used to route 4x from the middle 8x slot to the M.2.
A nuvoTon NCT6792D is the main Super IO chip on the motherboard, it provides all the voltage, temperature, and fan control and monitoring. Dual Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs are used on the X99 GODLIKE GAMING, and two other PCI-E 3.0 quick switches are used to switch SATA bandwidth to the M.2 slot. A nuvoTon NCT5605 is a GPIO expander for the SuperIO providing more functionality in terms of OC features and/or lighting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 GODLIKE GAMING]
- Page 3 [X99 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and GODLIKE LEDs]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam