This board is loaded with circuitry especially in the audio area. The board also has two add-in cards which are built in, one on the IO panel which is the Killer Wireless AC card and the second is a specific Bluetooth LED controller.
The VRM on this board consists of 12 phases of 55A DrMOS and MSI's Super Ferrite Choke power inductors which MSI states are rated 60A. The output capacitor bank is made up of 11x 330uF Tantalum capacitors for a total of 3630uF output capacitance. This is MSI's standard top of the line X99 VRM, the VRM on the X99S-MPower I reviewed months ago is very similar and has proven it can handle harsh overclocks. The PWM only supports 6 phase operation, so MSI doubles the phases through 6x Intersil ISL6617 phase doublers.
The Intersil ISL6388 is one of Intersil's first digital PWMs under their own brand name. It provides pretty solid performance. The power stages integrate one high-side and one low-side MOSFET along with a driver. These are from Fairchild Semiconductor. The FDMF5823DC are capable of outputting up to 55A each. They seem to also have an extra pad on the top, perhaps to act like a heat sink.
This is the second time I have seen a Powervation branded PWM used on a motherboard (first was X99S-MPower); they seem to be focused only on DC/DC buck controllers. MSI is using two of them here, one for each memory set. The PV3203 is a dual phase digital PWM. Each memory phase is made up of two Fairchild FDMS3668S which each consist of two MOSFETs.
Here is another PV3203 and more dual n-channel MOSFETs, most of the memory VRM is located on the backside of the PCB to make room for OC features.
MSI is using the Killer Wireless-AC 1535, which is a brand new Wireless AC card from Killer.
MSI is also using the brand new Killer e2400 which is the next-generation Killer gaming NIC. Using two of them with the Killer Wireless AC provides Killer Double Shot X3 Pro which allows all three NICS to work simultaneously to allocate bandwidth to different applications through hardware and not only software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 GODLIKE GAMING]
- Page 3 [X99 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99 GODLIKE GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and GODLIKE LEDs]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit