ASRock's UEFI it's quite extensive and provides a large variety of options for tweaking. If you are a novice overclocker there are also profiles in the UEFI for 4GHz with XMP and other higher speed overclocks (up to 4.5GHz). Since the release of the X99 chipset, ASRock has made major strides in the memory overclocking department. The original Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 didn't provide memory multipliers above 26.66x, and you would have to use the BLCK dividers to get above that frequency, but the Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 provides all the memory multipliers you would expect including 32x, which I will test later in this review.
A trick that another editor at TweakTown taught me is to go into the storage configuration and set each drive to SSD mode if it's an SSD, because by default the ports are set to HDD mode for compatibility. Changing the drive mode to SSD will improve SSD performance.
I found by manual measurement that LLC level 3 gives the least deviation from the set voltage. The X Series OC Socket has its own extra voltage which is under voltage control menu labeled CPU IO Voltage; I leave it on auto as the board does increase this.
Nick Shih, ASRock's Overclocker, provides his own memory OC profiles for those interested in benchmarking and tuning. I was surprised to find an easy to use GUI for fan control under the PC Health menu, it is quite intuitive.
ASRock has consolidated a lot of its software into F-Streaming, which will let you set up functions like Good Night LED and Dehumidifier, while allowing you to overclock the CPU in real-time.
ASRock's Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 also comes with Rapid OC, which is the software that works with the on-the-fly multiplier and voltage adjustment buttons on the board. ASRock's App Shop works like a live update utility, it will scan your system and recommend updates.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- 10 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $6,870
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit