Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio is powered by an ALC1150 which compliments the Intel Azalia processor in the PCH and two Texas Instruments NE5532 are used to amplify the backpanel and front panel audio outputs. Eight Nichicon gold 100uF electrolytic audio capacitors are used for the analog domain and the audio circuitry is isolated to reduce noise. The audio section of the PCB is also isolated so electrical noise doesn't interfere with audio operation.
The Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 has two wired NICs; one utilizes Intel's i218v and the other is a Killer e2200.
An ASMedia ASM1142 provides a single USB 3.1 type-C (reversible) port from two PCI-E lanes from the PCH.
Two ASMedia ASM1074s are used, they are USB 3.0 hub controllers which take one USB 3.0 port and expand it into four USB 3.0 ports on the back panel and two internal headers.
Eight ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches allocate bandwidth to the yellow 16x PCI-E slots. The Ultra M.2 slot will take its bandwidth from the middle black PCI-E slot through two ASM1480 quick switches which are wired to the CPU's PCI-E 3.0 controller. It can provide up to 32Gb/s bandwidth. A since ASM1480 switches SATA bandwidth to the 2x PCI-E 2.0 M.2 slot from the S_SATA3_3 connector.
Dual BIOS ROMs are present, each is a 128Mbit part from Winbond. The nuvoTon NCT6683D is used to control the OC features on the board, and I think it helps control the OC socket features. A nuvoTon NCT6791D provides SuperIO functionality and the PS/2 port on the backpanel.
A single Texas Instruments NexFET, the CSD87588N, is used to power the PCH VRM. A STMicro ST75185C is used for the COM port.
To expand the USB 3.1 capabilities of the Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 even more, ASRock provides a 2x A-Type USB 3.1 card. The A -Type USB 3.1 connector is backward compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.0. This card won't fit in a PCI-E 1x slot and needs a full sized or half sized slot. It uses an ASMedia ASM1142 and a Molex connector to provide the power that is required by USB 3.1. In total the board has three USB 3.1 connectors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard