How Does The Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream Stack Up?
Let's face it, you're not going to be buying a $650+ video card to game at 1080p, but some gamers will. We will always include 1080p results, but the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream really comes into its own at 1440p and 4K.
We run our 4K benchmarks at Medium/High settings for a more real-world feel, and at these settings, every single one of our games apart from Thief run at 60FPS. Damn good results here from Palit, but let's take a deeper look. We will be comparing the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream directly against the reference GTX 980 Ti from NVIDIA.
Performance at 1080p
Battlefield 4 performance hits a new high, where we have the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream reaching a huge 185FPS average, compared to the 170FPS average that the reference GTX 980 Ti is capable of.
We're seeing an FPS wall with GRID: Autosport, where we won't squeeze any more performance out of the game at 1080p. We have 11% more performance from the Palit card in Metro: Last Light, with 111FPS average at 1080p. Shadow of Mordor enjoys the additional horsepower from the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream card, with an extra 15% performance, or 131FPS average. Thief and Tomb Raider see an additional 10% and 12%, respectively.
Performance at 1440p
Kicking things off with Battlefield 4, we see the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream with 151FPS average at 1440p, an impressive result. This is a decent increase over the reference GTX 980 Ti of 9%.
Moving to Metro: Last Light, the Palit card is 7% faster than the reference GTX 980 Ti at 1440p, while it's 8% faster in Shadow of Mordor. The Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream is 12.5% faster than the reference card in Thief, while it's 14% faster in Tomb Raider.
Performance at 4K
This is where we want to see the Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super JetStream really stretch its legs, where Battlefield 4 sees the performance scale up to a huge 89FPS average, compared to the 78FPS from our reference card. We have an additional 13% performance in Metro: Last Light, while Shadow of Mordor doesn't do much with the faster GTX 980 Ti. Thief is a decent 15% faster on the Palit card, while Tomb Raider is just 2FPS faster on the overclocked GTX 980 Ti at 4K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!