Inside the Poseidon Z Forged
Disassembly was pretty simple to get to this point. Here we see the aluminum top plate, an inner spacer plate, and of course we can also see the lower plastic tray that is the bottom of the keyboard.
After the screws were removed to get the outer components off, a few screws and various clips hold this steel plate into the frame. Be careful if you plan to remove this for cleaning, as the clips are very fragile and easily broken.
With no obvious signs of flux or any residue, we just picked a random spot on the PCB to show the level of quality control and attention to detail in this build. Really, they left no stone unturned when it comes to doing things right with this design.
The dobs of paint obscure our view of the 32-bit MCU placed in this keyboard to control all of the features that the Poseidon Z has to offer. In our experience, brand is of little concern, it is more the fact of its capabilities that make or break the design.
On the much smaller PCB we saw in the image of the frame components, we find this Genesys Logic GL850G USB 2.0 controller to make sure that any devices connected to the pass-through ports are powered and signaled correctly.
To offer better sound quality than just pass-through ports, they have employed the services of this 16-bit Holtek USB audio MCU. On a side note, when this keyboard is connected, you will find a new sound controller listed in your audio settings, and it must be selected to get the jacks to function.
With the keyboard all put back together, and now powered up, we have yet to touch the lighting features, but we do see a green LED next to the battle dragon logo. This signifies which profile is being used currently, and will change to red, blue, yellow, or purple depending on which of the five profiles is in use.
Moving on to the preset lighting configurations, we see that this one illuminates some of the keys. The 1 through 0 keys are illuminated, and also the WASD is also lit for this setting.
The next one we saw is where the entire keyboard is illuminated. The only keys that do not come on at this point are the various lock and the Windows lockout key, but when active, they too will illuminate like the rest of them do.
Then we ran into this layout. Here we see that just the 1 through 6 keys are illuminated as well as the WADS setup.
For MOBA gamers, we also have this profile. Again the 1 through 6 keys are lit, but the QWER and DF are illuminated in this layout.
PRICING: You can find the Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z Forged Blue Switch Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z Forged Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Poseidon Z Forged Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam