Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption
Power consumption was a bit higher than I expected, especially considering the SoC has a 6W TDp at stock speeds. Taking into consideration the motherboard and its ICs as well as the SSD, full sized DIMMs, and ATX PSU efficiency the numbers start to make more sense.
On the left the N3700M is idle, and you can see that the hottest part isn't the SoC heat sink, but rather the driver and receivers chips for the COM ports and the USB 2.0 hub, these ICs aren't really designed for low power/thermal operation and so they act like they would on any motherboard. It isn't anything to worry about.
Then full load was applied the SoC heat sink temperature got up to 52C, which isn't very hot. Overall, the N3700M's thermals show that it should do very well without active airflow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit