Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption
Power consumption was a bit higher than I expected, especially considering the SoC has a 6W TDp at stock speeds. Taking into consideration the motherboard and its ICs as well as the SSD, full sized DIMMs, and ATX PSU efficiency the numbers start to make more sense.
On the left the N3700M is idle, and you can see that the hottest part isn't the SoC heat sink, but rather the driver and receivers chips for the COM ports and the USB 2.0 hub, these ICs aren't really designed for low power/thermal operation and so they act like they would on any motherboard. It isn't anything to worry about.
Then full load was applied the SoC heat sink temperature got up to 52C, which isn't very hot. Overall, the N3700M's thermals show that it should do very well without active airflow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Quest coming to consoles in 2018, even Switch
- Lyft is officially open for service in Toronto, Canada
- 10 million Nintendo Switches have already been sold
- Google Maps update notifys you to get off at next stop
- Ataribox will open pre-orders this Thursday
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series