Desktop Replacement Hardware
We have some serious specifications with the ASUS ROG G751, with the standout feature here being the 17.3-inch FHD IPS-based panel with NVIDIA G-Sync technology.
- Screen size - 17.3-inch (IPS)
- Resolution - 1920x1080 (Full HD)
- Processor - Intel Core i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz quad-core)
- RAM - 24GB DDR3L RAM
- Storage 1 - 256GB M.2 SSD
- Storage 2 - 1TB HDD
- GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M w/4GB GDDR5
- OS - Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Battery: 8-cell 6000mAh
- Weight - 8.4lbs (3.8kg)
As you can see, ASUS isn't playing around. There is some serious horsepower in the ROG G751, with desktop-class performance.
ASUS has provided plenty of connectivity options on the ROG G751, with:
- 1 x microphone jack
- 2 x headphone jacks
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x Thunderbolt
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x SD card reader
- 1 x GbE
The inclusion of four USB 3.0 ports was great, as is the Thunderbolt port. That came in handy to hook up a second 34-inch ultrawide monitor to enjoy two 3440x1440 monitors hooked up to the ASUS ROG G751 at once.
On the left of the ASUS ROG G751, we have two USB 3.0 ports, the Blu-ray RW drive, and the SD card reader.
On the right, we have the microphone and (amplified) headphone ports, two more USB 3.0 ports, a Thunderbolt port, HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, VGA and the AC power port.
All of this joins forces for one hell of a beautiful gaming laptop, which you can see from above. The 17.3-inch FHD display is joined by a front-facing camera for video calls.
Looking down at the keyboard, to the top left, you can see ASUS has included a dedicated Steam key. Pressing this will open up Steam, and from the default settings that ASUS provides on the ROG G751, it will open up Steam in Big Picture Mode. To the right of the keyboard is a number pad, which I thought was a weird inclusion on a gaming laptop. I didn't use it, so I would've preferred something else in its place. A touchscreen, or some dedicated ROG buttons, or something... just something different, or unique. Starting on the left, we have the aforementioned Steam button, joined by some Macro buttons that can be customized to your liking.
The track pad on the ROG G751 isn't actually too bad, but this is a gaming laptop, so it'll only get used in extreme circumstances. Under the track pad, we have some activity LEDs for charging, disc use, airplane mode and more.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG G751JY-DH71 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG G751JY-DH71 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop retails for $2311.04 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG G751JY-DH71 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop retails for £1959 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introducing the G-Sync Powered Mobile Powerhouse: ASUS ROG G751]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG G751 Specifications, External Ports & Layout]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Equivalent PC GPU]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Two Weeks with the ASUS ROG G751 & Performance Summary]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit