Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
With SAPPHIRE's new Tri-X R9 Fury being based on the Fiji architecture, and thus using HBM, the RAM side of the card is completely locked down. No overclocking can be performed on the HBM whatsoever. The Core can be played with, but we weren't able to reach any conclusive overclocking in our short time with the card.
We did get to around 1090MHz, but the performance benefit was completely negligible. This could've been our sample, or it could've been the drivers that we're using. We will be taking a closer look at overclocking the R9 Fury in the near future.
Thanks to the use of HBM, the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury consumes less power than the Hawaii-based and GDDR5-powered SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 390X.
The SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury consumes around 385W, while the full Fury uses around 10W less, according to our testing. The Tri-X R9 390X from SAPPHIRE consumes 440W for comparison.
For our testing, we didn't hear a peep out of the SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 Fury. This is a big turnaround from the Fury X where it has the annoyingly loud pump, which should be fixed before the next batch starts shipping to consumers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking, Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series