Drive Details - Intel 750 1.2TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 AIC SSD
In typical Intel fashion, the drive ships in an attractive, protective package. The front of the mostly blue box lists the drive model, capacity and sports a depiction of the drive within.
The back of the blue colored packaging lists sequential and random 4k performance specifications, model and serial number of the drive contained within.
Here are the contents. The drive is well protected inside a clear plastic clamshell container. Included is a half-height bracket and a CD with warranty information and Intel's proprietary NVMe driver.
The AIC version of the 750 series SSD we are reviewing has a full-length aluminum heat sink that covers the top half of a single PCB. There are aluminum channels and fins covered by a thin sheet aluminum facing emblazoned with an Intel logo, a trademark swoop and the model of the drive.
The bottom of the drives PCB is shielded by a piece of sheet aluminum. Removing the sheet metal shield exposes the bottom half of the drive's PCB. The half of the PCB we exposed is populated with 18-BGA packaged flash chips and two DDR3 1600MHz CL11 DRAM packages. We tried to remove the heat sink, but that was a no-go; even with the screws removed, the heat sink was still firmly attached so we did not force the issue. The unseen half of the PCB is populated by a single proprietary Intel PCIe controller in a 9-channel configuration, an additional (18) 20nm Flash IC's and three more DRAM packages.
Looking down through the middle channel of the heat sink and under the sheet aluminum facing, we can get a glimpse of an additional heat sink that dissipates heat generated by the drive's controller. Intel recommends a minimum airflow of 100LF per minute pass through these channels to keep the drive cooled.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Solid-State Drive 750 Series SSDPEDMW400G4R5 400GB PCI-Express 3.0 MLC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel 750 400GB retails for $389.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- GTA V NaturalVision Remastered mod looks freaking INCREDIBLE
- Epic Games shows off real-time ray traced digital character
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit