A lot of devices out there want you to grab downloads for the software only, and if there is a firmware update, you normally need another download. With the 500K software, once the UIX software is set to install, it starts off with a firmware update prior to installing the driver suite.
Once the UIX software is installed and opened, this is the main page you will run into. Here we find three modes under the game management tab, a place for an image of said profiles, and below are three tabs to allow settings to be changed. Here we see the performance tab is open, and to the right we can adjust the polling rate, rollover support, and change the repeat delay time. To the right, we can change the times the repeat rate presses that key with a test below it, and it closes with a bit on the mode switches.
Jumping back just a bit to the profile management, here we find what is going on there. You can import profiles from other devices if desired, but here is where you will build a system of things to boot once a game or application is launched, and is also where you can add the images for the various profiles to show up in the software.
The key assignment tab is where things can get interesting. Here you can program each of the G-keys, and is also where you can establish whether the right side of the space bar is for space, or anything you want it to be used for. To the right there are menus for basic function that can be dragged and dropped into the boxes at the left, including what is shown, or any Macros you may have waiting in the wings.
Under lighting controls, there isn't much control to be had honestly, but there are some options here. At the top it shows the five settings that the light button on the keyboard can offer. The thing is you can select or deselect any of the five so that you get exactly what you want for intensity, but with all settings, the only color option is orange or off.
PRICING: You can find the Cougar 500K 1000Hz Membrane 32 Bit ARM Keyboard (KBC500-WRNSB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cougar 500K retails for $79.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega 20 uses PCIe 4.0, arrives in Q3 2018
- Core i5-8600K has performance similar to Core i7-7700K
- 8700K benchmarks: 10% faster than 7700K at stock clocks
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM