Test System Setup
Our Consumer NAS test 'system' is setup similar to what you have at home. Here we have the base of a ASUS Z97 USB 3.1, housing an Intel Core i7 4770 with 16GB of Patriot Viper DDR3 supporting. Our Operating System of choice is Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise, with all available updates and patches installed on a Crucial MX200 500GB SSD.
The N5810 Pro uses the original finder application. As seen above it is rather simple to use and takes just a few steps to get you setup.
Above, we have the RAID setup wizard for the N5810 Pro.
Something that was inviting to see, and we don't see too often with NAS appliances is the availability of multiple file systems. With the N5810 Pro, you have the option to use EXT3, EXT4, BTRFS and XFS.
The main page for Thecus OS gives you a good amount of options to configure your NAS. As seen above, RAID management along with control of iSCSI shares is made available along with music iTunes and https://FTP.
Above, we have a list of the application sources. This includes quite a few packages with everything from IP Cam services to Dropbox and Elephantdrive.
To the left in the image above, you can get an idea of the many network services available with the N5810 Pro. This includes the standard Samba, AFP and NFS, along with higher-level features such as DDNS, VPN client and server and SSH.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Thecus N5810 Pro SMB NAS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Elite Dangerous devs working on new IP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio