We've been seeing a rash of this type product of late, but a vast majority of them have been for use with a standard hard drive. We've even had the opportunity to look at the hard drive version from Vantec, the original NexStar 2 HDD Enclosure. From all angles, the concept is good and the chance to use some of the spare components around the house without having to resort to nightmares in configuration is promising. But what about those who are looking to make use of that extra optical drive sitting on the shelf?
Enter Vantec once again with a means to do just that. This version of the NexStar 2 is for use with standard 5.25" optical devices. With both USB and Firewire interface compatibility, Vantec is claiming you won't have to worry about configuration at all. On top of that, they're boasting fast speeds as well. Pretty big claims from what I can see so far, but we'll delve into them and see how much truth there really is.
You have the hype, so lets crack open the box and see if it can make these claims into reality!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- PUBG's first world tournament: $2 million in prizes and more
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit