Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio is powered by an ALC1150 which compliments the Intel Azalia processor in the PCH and two Texas Instruments NE5532 are used to amplify the backpanel and front panel audio outputs. Eight Nichicon gold 100uF electrolytic audio capacitors are used for the analog domain and the audio circuitry is isolated to reduce noise. The audio section of the PCB is also isolated so electrical noise doesn't interfere with audio operation.
The X99 OC Formula/3.1 has two wired NICs, one utilizes Intel's i218v and the other is a Qualcomm Atheros A8171 which is basically a Killer e2200 without the special software and the EMI shield.
An ASMedia ASM1142 provides a single USB 3.1 type-C (reversible) port from two PCI-E lanes from the PCH.
Two ASMedia ASM1074s are used, they are USB 3.0 hub controllers which take one USB 3.0 port and expand it into four USB 3.0 ports on the back panel and two internal headers.
Eight ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches allocate bandwidth to the yellow 16x PCI-E slots. The Ultra M.2 slot will take its bandwidth from the middle black PCI-E slot through two ASM1480 quick switches which are wired to the CPU's PCI-E 3.0 controller. It can provide up to 32Gb/s bandwidth.
Dual BIOS ROMs are present, each is a 128Mbit part from Winbond. A since ASM1480 switches SATA bandwidth to the 2x PCI-E 2.0 M.2 slot from the S_SATA3_3 connector.
A nuvoTon NCT6791D provides SuperIO functionality and the PS/2 port on the backpanel. A secondary eSuperIO(EC) with BIOS, the nuvoTon NCT6683D, is used to control the OC features on the board, and I think it helps control the OC socket features.
To expand the USB 3.1 capabilities of the X99 OC Formula/3.1 even more, ASRock provides a 2x A-Type USB 3.1 card. The A -Type USB 3.1 connector is backward compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.0. This card won't fit in a PCI-E 1x slot and needs a full sized or half sized slot. It uses an ASMedia ASM1142 and a Molex connector to provide the power that is required by USB 3.1. In total the board has three USB 3.1 connectors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 OC Formula/3.1]
- Page 3 [X99 OC Formula/3.1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99 OC Formula/3.1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blu-ray giveaway
- Street Fighter is getting a live-action TV show
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit