Temperature and Power Consumption
I was very surprised at the power consumption of the Beebox, I figured since the CPU has a 2W TDP, I would get around 5W at full load. What I didn't consider is that the CPU runs cooler than the memory and mSATA drive! Together plus all the other IO like the four USB 3.0 ports, total system power consumption can easily reach 10W, which isn't a big deal, just a little surprising.
Shot of the front and back of the Beebox after 30 minutes of 100% load. The device never went above 60C, however, that is still pretty toasty. Granted, you probably won't run the box hard enough to ever get these temperatures, as they are artificially induced by stress test programs, but the tiny box does okay.
The cooling system does seem to work and evenly spread the heat around the entire chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad/Toddler infiltrate prize machine, steals Nintendo Switch
- Mono Studio release launch trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark
- My Nintendo Gold Points can be used for Switch Online plans
- Amazon's MMO title 'New World' gets batch of screenshots
- Smash Bros. Ultimate recent leak: Incineroar/Ken/Minecraft
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- Psyonix And Hot Wheels Reveal New Rocket League DLC
- Pirate Island Rescue released on Steam
- Celebrated crime caper The Swindle slinks onto Nintendo Switch this October
- Tricky Towers coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Beat Hazard 2 is now in Beta and will be heading for Steam Early Access in October.