Packaging and System
This device is tiny, and the box is small as well. ASRock is aiming for simple aesthetics. One advantage of the Beebox can be seen on the box, and that is the IR controller, which surprisingly isn't a common accessory with most SFF PCs I have reviewed.
The Beebox is well protected inside its box. Unpacking everything is quite easy and there is a good deal of accessories. Accessories include: AC/DC power converter (36W) with two pronged insert, SATA power/data adapter, VESA back plate and screws, remote control with battery cell, and of course the driver DVD and manual.
The front of the unit carries the IR receiver, headphone/microphone combo jack, USB 3.0 type-A port (normal USB port), and a USB 3.0 type-C port. The back of the unit has a vent, DC power jack, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x HDMI ports, RJ-45 LAN, Display Port, and a Kensington lock port. The unit supports up to three simultaneous displays.
The body of the unit is made of plastic which is supported by a metal internal structure. An angled power button (with internal LED) is positioned in the left hand corner. The bottom of the unit has some very nice rubber feet, ventilation holes, and VESA mounting holes.
The sides of the unit are plain. One advantage of using this type of non-reflective plastic is that fingerprints are harder to spot and easier to clean off. Many SFF PCs which use reflective plastic have to be regularly cleaned of all the fingerprints. The Beebox shouldn't need that kind of attention to keep appearances up.
Opening the Beebox is simple; just unscrew the four screws on the bottom of the unit. I was surprised to see that the Beebox can actually fit a full sized 2.5-inch drive. My unit is the prebuilt one without an operating system, so it came with 4GB of memory and a 128GB mSATA drive. I also installed a 240GB SSD just to see if it would fit, and there was wiggle room when fitting the bottom back on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard