Packaging and System
This device is tiny, and the box is small as well. ASRock is aiming for simple aesthetics. One advantage of the Beebox can be seen on the box, and that is the IR controller, which surprisingly isn't a common accessory with most SFF PCs I have reviewed.
The Beebox is well protected inside its box. Unpacking everything is quite easy and there is a good deal of accessories. Accessories include: AC/DC power converter (36W) with two pronged insert, SATA power/data adapter, VESA back plate and screws, remote control with battery cell, and of course the driver DVD and manual.
The front of the unit carries the IR receiver, headphone/microphone combo jack, USB 3.0 type-A port (normal USB port), and a USB 3.0 type-C port. The back of the unit has a vent, DC power jack, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x HDMI ports, RJ-45 LAN, Display Port, and a Kensington lock port. The unit supports up to three simultaneous displays.
The body of the unit is made of plastic which is supported by a metal internal structure. An angled power button (with internal LED) is positioned in the left hand corner. The bottom of the unit has some very nice rubber feet, ventilation holes, and VESA mounting holes.
The sides of the unit are plain. One advantage of using this type of non-reflective plastic is that fingerprints are harder to spot and easier to clean off. Many SFF PCs which use reflective plastic have to be regularly cleaned of all the fingerprints. The Beebox shouldn't need that kind of attention to keep appearances up.
Opening the Beebox is simple; just unscrew the four screws on the bottom of the unit. I was surprised to see that the Beebox can actually fit a full sized 2.5-inch drive. My unit is the prebuilt one without an operating system, so it came with 4GB of memory and a 128GB mSATA drive. I also installed a 240GB SSD just to see if it would fit, and there was wiggle room when fitting the bottom back on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit