Setup of the DIR-890L/R is quite simple and uses a new firmware than what we are used to seeing on D-Link solutions. To begin setup, you follow through a few menus including the one above.
The DIR-890L/R is unique with the way the network is setup in that while being similar to the Linksys solution, the D-Link houses all three bands under one SSID and password, it then chooses a network for you based on the device connecting.
Above, we have the new dashboard. As you can see, like similar solutions, we get an overview of what's going on with the router in one page.
The DIR-890L/R, like said above, by default puts all networks under one SSID and chooses based on device. If you would like to separate your networks, and setup multiple SSIDs, you must disable Smart Connect.
SharePort is the platform for media sharing and SMB servers on D-Link solutions. As seen above, you can setup a DLNA server, along with Windows file sharing.
The D-Link QoS engine allows you to drag and drop your devices into categories allowing you to decide what gets priority on the network.
A unique feature of the DIR-890L/R is the statistics menu that shows you activity across each band separately. This includes LAN and both WLAN networks.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard