As the market stands right now, nearly every vendor has an AC3200 solution on the market, in past reviews such as the Nighthawk X6 and the Linksys EA9200, we had a chance to put these monsters of wireless technology through their paces. Shortly after CES 2015, we spoke with D-Link about their latest solution, the DIR-890L/R, and now a few months later, we have the latest in the lab ready for testing.
As we know, A3200 solutions allow the best mix of legacy and modern devices to communicate over a single network. With multiple 5GHz bands, you can manage your devices into a scenario where there is loss of performance with modern 802.11ac devices. Like previous AC3200 solutions, the D-Link DIR-890L/R is built on the Broadcom 5G Xstream platform featuring a 1GHz dual-core processor and what we can only guess is 256MB of DRAM and 128MB of NAND flash like previous solutions. On the wireless side of things, the DIR-890L/R features dual 5GHz bands capable of 1300 Mbps, while the 2.4GHz band reaches 600 Mbps.
Looking over the specifications, we find the DIR-890L/R housing four gigabit LAN ports next to a single gigabit WAN. A single USB 3.0 along with a USB 2.0 port allow Samba and DLNA access over the network. The wireless bands are split into a single 2.4GHz 802.11n network capable of 600 Mbps via TurboQAM, while both of the 5GHz bands are capable of 1300 Mbps.
The D-Link DIR-890L/R carries a MSRP of $369.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R) retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate updated to 3.0.1, no Joker nerfs
- Super Mario Maker 2 pre-order comes with a sketching stylus
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!