An AzureWave wireless AC / Bluetooth 4.0 card is included, model number is BCM94352HMB. Two 4GB ASint DDR3 1600MHz SO-DIMMs are also installed in the VisionX 471D.
The chipset is the Intel HM87 which supports 16x PCI-E lanes for graphics at PCI-E 3.0, 3 independent displays, 6x USB 3.0, 4x SATA, 1x eSATA, RAID, and up to eight PCI-E 2.0 lanes for extra IO.
The Richtek RT8889A is a 3 phase VRD 12.5 PWM with 3 integrated drivers. Three high performance Texas Instruments NexFETs are used, the CSD87350Q5D, which are capable of 25A each at 90% efficiency. Each of these NexFETs have both a high and low side MOSFET built into it, and this is basically overkill for such a low power CPU, but considering this little beast can overclock to 4GHz, it's a capable voltage regulator.
Located right above the MOSFETs in the image on the right is a chip labeled EM 1G. I have done this for a while, so I know to look for Richtek marking codes when I see obscure marks on ICs, and magically I find that EM actually is the marking code for a RT8205, which is the main voltage controller on the motherboard. It is the chip in charge of converting the input from the AC/DC PSU which can range from 19-25v down to the voltages that the motherboard needs.
I was stunned to see that ASRock chose to use the Realtek ALC1150 with a Texas Instruments NE5532, basically the same high quality audio hardware found on many higher performance enthusiast motherboards. None of the SFF PCs I have tested use this codec or an amplifier.
ASRock is also using the Intel i217v PHY to compliment the GBit MAC inside the PCH; the preferred NIC solution for many enthusiasts. A Realtek RTS522 is used for the MMC/SD/MS/Pro combo card reader.
This is a Silicon Image SiI1292A which is an MHL/HDMI-to-HDMI IC. This is a special IC which allows for users to hook up their portable devices to the VisionX 471D and watch the content on whatever the VisionX is hooked up to. It's what makes HDMI input and streaming possible.
The nuvoTon NCT6776D handles all the SuperIO tasks such as temperature and voltage monitoring and fan control.
An ASMedia 1445 is an HDMI/DVI switch to allow for the HDMI and DVI outputs on the back of the VisionX. The Microchip PIC18F26K22 is an 8-bit PIC micro controller which supports XLP Tech and RISC. That means it's basically a low power programmable microcontroller with a very wide variety of supported uses. It could do a lot of things, but in this case, I think it handles some IO tasking on the motherboard - my guess is it deals with the HDMI input streaming, IR remote, or some sort of backbone system circuit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D]
- Page 4 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner