Packaging and System
When I received the VisionX 471D, I was very surprised as it weighed a lot more than I expected. I thought maybe there were two devices in there, but after opening the box, it became apparent that this is a well-built high performance PC.
The VisionX 471D is well protected inside its box, and when you open the box up, you are greeted by a remote control. Unpacking everything is quite easy and there is a good deal of accessories. Accessories include: AC/DC power converter (120W), HDMI-to-microUSB cable, SATA power dongle, remote control with two battery cells, a short SATA cable, and of course the driver DVD and manual.
The front of the unit carries the IR receiver, headphone jack, microphone jack, USB 3.0 port, HDMI input, MCC/SD/MS/Pro card reader, power button, and a DVD drive button/slot. The back of the unit has a vent for the blower fan to expel the heat, DC power jack, 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF digital, 5x USB 3.0 ports, RJ-45 LAN, DVI, HDMI, eSATA, and a single USB 2.0 port. There is also a Kensington lock port as well as a lid release button located on the back of the unit.
The top has a little indent that runs all around and has a reflective surface; you could perhaps put something on top of the box if you really wanted to as the metal frame could support it. The bottom of the unit has some more vents for air intake and four rubber feet so the device doesn't easily move on a countertop.
Both sides of the unit have no connections or indents; instead a nice brushed aluminum finish is there for a contemporary look.
To open the device up, you just press the button on the back of the unit and the lid pops off, then you unscrew 8x screws with a standard Phillips head screwdriver to release the DVD and HDD cage. There are detailed directions included on how to open the box up, but there is no need unless you want to replace a part.
The unit comes ready to battle; you just need to install an operating system. I chose Windows 8.1 Pro because that is what I use on all the SFF PCs I test. Once you open the box up and remove the cage, you will see all the rest of the goodies that make the VisionX 471D tick. There is also a small fan located on the drive cage to cool down the storage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D]
- Page 4 [Teardown of the VisionX 471D Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit