NVIDIA has used the same GM200 core that powered the Titan X, but reduced the CUDA core count to 2816. The VRAM has been reduced too, down from 12GB found on the Titan X, to 6GB on the 980 Ti. We have eight billion transistors inside of the GTX 980 Ti, with 22 SM units, 176 texture units, representing a 38% increase over the GTX 980.
One of the bigger improvements over the GTX 980 is that the GTX 980 Ti features a 384-bit memory bus, up from the 256-bit memory bus on the GTX 980. This gives the GTX 980 Ti memory bandwidth of 336.5GB/sec, an increase of 50% over the GTX 980.
As we said before, NVIDIA has used the blower cooler design that the company has used for quite some time now. The GeForce GTX 780, GTX 780 Ti, GTX 970, GTX 980, Titan X and now the GTX 980 Ti all use the same reference cooler design. It does the job, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what ZOTAC, ASUS, MSI and the rest of the AIB partners can do with aftermarket coolers.
Here's an up close shot of the blower fan itself, which is surprisingly quiet for how chunky it is, even under extreme load (like 4K Surround).
And again from a different angle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 9 [Performance Summary]
- Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]