Thermaltake Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower Chassis
It does not get much simpler when it comes to a front panel for a chassis. The F51 offers a full cover door to the front, and while there isn't any naming to break it up, there is a light brushed aluminum finish added to dress it up.
The door opens to the right, and sadly is not reversible, but inside the door, we get the first look at the sound deadening material used there. As for the front of the chassis, there is a large section at the top, and then we run into two removable bay covers. Below that, along with the Thermaltake plate at the bottom, it is all open for air to flow into the chassis.
Going a little deeper, we see that the bay covers are easily removed from the outside of the chassis, and we have also removed the first of two intake filters found in the Suppressor F51.
As we move up to the top of the chassis, we immediately run into the front I/O panel. Here, starting from the left, we find the controls for the built-in fan controller, HD Audio jacks, HDD LED, the power button, the reset button, and then a pair each of USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports.
The rest of the top of this chassis is intended to maximize ventilation with the plethora of fan mounting options offered here. Out of the box, however, under the magnetic cover for the top of the chassis, there are currently sound deadening pads installed here.
The left side of the chassis is mostly an expanse of steel since we did not get the full window option. In place of the window, there is an option for a GPU cooling fan to go under yet another magnetic cover that we see there now. Also, just like at the top, currently this hole is covered with more sound deadening measures.
As the fine print mentioned, some things in the specs may change when the chassis goes retail, and along with the grommets, rear I/O area and the exhaust fan, we find eight standard expansion slots and not the 6+2 configuration the box alluded to. Of course that leaves the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The right side of the chassis looks identical to what we saw on the left, of course sans the fan location this time. We also see that on both sides of the bezel that the noise is reflected away from the user by means of the ventilation that the intake draws from.
Under the chassis, we find the case supported with round feet very near the edges, and each has a rubber pad on it to keep the chassis from moving around or damaging the surface it sits on. Also, down the middle, we find two dust filters. Splitting them up makes it much easier to remove, and if you do not cool the floor of the chassis, mainly the rear one is all you will pull and clean regularly without the need to pull out 20 or so inches of filter to do so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media