Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2EEGHz (800MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR-533 OCZ (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk:2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9800XT (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Catalyst 4.9
For the Motherboard of choice we used the Gigabyte 8KNXP Ultra 64
This board is based on the Intel i875P Northbridge with the ICH5-S Hance Rapids Southbridge. This chip gives support for PCI-X 133MHz channels so it was perfect for the controller card. To test against other chips it also has onboard a Silicon Image 3114 Serial ATA 4 port controller and the onboard Intel/Adaptec ICH5R system, which will be compared against the 1820A controller card.
Version and / or Patch Used: SP2
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we can see that the 1820 Highpoint Controller is able to equal the onboard Southbridge controller and is way ahead of the PCI based controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- EVGA announces GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE with 12Gbps GDDR5X
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower