ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler
Fresh out of the box and free of the packing, as we look the SE 214X dead in the face, the slick looking 120mm fan is really all we see of the cooler at this point. At least we know that this tower is well covered by the fan ID-Cooling paired with this design.
From the side, we see a couple of things worth mentioning. It is easy to see the rubber bits in the fan keeping it away from the fins, and we also see that the top section has fins bent for both support and to help capture air flow. The center is left open, and is also where the fans wire clips attach.
The back of the cooler has a groove cut into either side to allow a screwdriver to easily get to the mounting screws. We also can see easily that there is a section of 11 fins at the bottom that are not as wide, allowing for a bit more clearance around the socket.
Since most of what we see at the top of the cooler is identical to what we discussed on the other side, it is here we would like to draw your eyes to the lean of the heat pipes. This is done so that this cooler is further offset from the memory, hence allowing this cooler terrific clearance in that area.
The top of the cooler is a little bit dressed up with the lines molded into the fins. To either side, we can see the staggered layout of the pipes as they travel through the fins and in the center is the tip of the Aluminum Stick Support poking through.
Removing the fan to look at the leading edges of this cooler, we find them stepping down in three stages. At the sides is the highest to support the fan away from the fins, and as you move to the center, the fins are further from the fan to allow it to build a head of steam before attacking the fins.
We keep mentioning the Aluminum Stick Support, and here is the bottom end of it. We can only assume that it is screwed into the top of the aluminium base plate, and this stick runs right up through the center of the tower to add structural support to keep the tower upright, better? While everyone likes a strong cooler, at the same time many coolers before this survived well enough without this.
The exposed copper pipes, after leaving the base, make compound curves until they are lined up well enough to have the stack of finds pressed over them and the aluminium stick in the middle.
The base of the cooler does have small gaps between the pipes and the base, but across all of the surfaces, it is flat as can be. We can still plainly see the milling marks left in both the copper and aluminium from the levelling process.
PRICING: You can find the ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler retails for $34.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD