be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler
Looking right into the face of the Pure Rock, we see the top plate is thicker than the fins, and the fin array has two large gullies cut into them, and a sawtooth pattern applied to the flat edges. The tower, as well as the heat pipes, is left in their natural state, but there has been some sort of coating applied to the copper base.
Viewing the side of the tower, we see quite evenly spaced fins, partly due to the dimples in each fin near the edges, but mainly due to the folded center section that acts as support, but also offers a bit of a place to help capture lost air flow.
In this design, the front and the back of the cooler are identical. Not only does this help to orient the cooler in any manner and have a place to mount the fan, but it also promotes the use of a second fan giving it the same chances the front fan has to benefit this cooler.
As we expected, this side of the cooler has nothing to offer that we did not see in the earlier photo. One thing we will say is that this design feels "older" with the near vertical heat pipes and very structured U-shaped design, with its bits exposed, but all of this does help to reduce manufacturing costs so that the savings can be passed onto the customers.
The really nice thing about this design is that when it comes to extras; be quiet! added it where it was needed most. The brushed aluminum top-fin with its milled grooves and be quiet! taken out of the center between all the aluminum pipe tip covers really does dress us what everyone is going to see.
Before we get a look under the Pure Rock, we wanted to take the time to look at the top of the base. Not only is this slotted and essentially a pre-cooler, but this is also where the cross bar settles into place to lock the cooler onto the motherboard.
Here we can see that all of the fins are pressed onto all four if the heat pipes from the bottom right on through to the top. From this angle, we can also see the pair of grooves cut into both sides to allow for wire fan clips to be used with this cooler, not the holes near the edges.
Using a harder plastic cover on the base worked to keep the pre-applied paste from being disturbed or moved, but it does not guard the paste from debris in the box from landing in the paste and making this smooth application pointless in our case.
Removing the paste, we can now look at the base of the cooler. It is finely milled and those lines are still visible. The center is also higher than the edges, but with the mill being the last to touch the base, there are no odd rounded edges either.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler retails for $47.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit