Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read transfers max out at 540 MB/s. Sequential write transfers max out at 516 MB/s. We are able to hit and exceed sequential specifications even at 75% full.
Our 850 EVO M.2 has the third highest sequential write speed of the drives on our chart.
Reading sequential data, the 850 EVO M.2 again finishes in about third place.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSD's. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drives overall performance. Second only to the 850 Pro, the EVO is starting to flex some muscle.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The 850 EVO M.2 delivers incredible random read performance. We are able to exceed Samsung's specification of 97,000 IOPS. The 850 EVO begins separating itself from the pack at QD4, and again finishes second only to the 850 Pro.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The vast majority of random writes occur at QD1-QD2 and that's exactly where the 850 EVO M.2 leaves the competition in the dust.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD retails for $194.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Samsung Magician 4.6 and Samsung Data Migration Software]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 11 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP) and RAPID]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch