Samsung Magician 4.6
Samsung's Magician drive management toolbox is feature rich and provides tools that compliment SSD ownership.
The Disk Drive tab lists drive information, system information, and allows you to run a quick performance test. We ran the quick benchmark with RAPID Mode enabled, so what you are seeing is basically the performance of our system's DRAM. The performance optimization tab allows you to TRIM your Samsung SSD. This feature is only for OS's prior to Windows 8. Windows 8 and above provide automatic TRIM optimization.
The Firmware Update tab allows you to easily update your Samsung SSD's firmware. Ours is up to date.
The OS Optimization tab allows you to easily optimize your system for SSD's. You can choose from Maximum Performance, Maximum Capacity, Maximum Reliability and Advanced.
The Over Provisioning tab allows you to create unallocated space that the drive will utilize for internal maintenance. Over-provisioning your SSD will provide greater flash endurance, and higher sustained performance.
The Secure Erase tab allows you to sanitize your Samsung SSD which will reset the drives flash to an empty FOB state. A Secure Erase (SE) can be executed by Magician on OS's prior to Windows 8. For Windows 8 and above, you will need to create either a bootable USB drive or a bootable CD/DVD to perform a Secure Erase.
The RAPID Mode tab is where you can enable Samsung's caching software. You must be in AHCI mode to enable RAPID.
The Data Security tab is where you can encrypt your 850 EVO.
Samsung Data Migration Software
Samsung's Data Migration Tool will clone your current drive to a Samsung SSD. The software is available via a free download.
After installing the software and opening it, we clicked on the start button to begin cloning our OS drive (Source Disk) to our 850 EVO M.2. You can add data partitions to the clone if you wish.
Hit the start button to begin cloning.
With the drive cloned, we booted to our 850 EVO M.2. The software reassigned a drive letter and name to our data partition, so we changed the partition name and drive letter to reassociate our programs.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD retails for $194.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Samsung Magician 4.6 and Samsung Data Migration Software]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 11 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP) and RAPID]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit