Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD
Samsung's 850 EVO M.2 is packaged is a small white box with a picture of the drive on front. The drive's capacity is advertised along with the drive's interface and 3D V-NAND technology.
On the rear of the packaging, Samsung advertises the drives five-year limited warranty.
Inside the box, the drive is protected from damage by a clear plastic tray type enclosure.
The front half of the drive has a full-length manufacturers label affixed to it. The label lists the drive's capacity, model number, serial number and a warning that the warranty will be voided if the label is removed.
The back half of the drive is devoid of components and has a label that identifies it as an 850 EVO M.2 SSD powered by 3D V-NAND.
Here is the front half of the drive with the label removed. This side of the PCB houses both of the drives 256GB 3D TLC flash packages, dual-core MGX controller, and a single 512MB LPDDR3 DRAM package.
Here is a close-in view of the drive's dual-core ARM-based MGX controller.
Here is a close-in view of one of the drive's two 256GB synchronous TLC flash packages.
Here we have a shot of the drive's 4Gb (512MB) LPDDR3 DRAM package.
Finally, a close-in view of the drive's edge connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Samsung Magician 4.6 and Samsung Data Migration Software]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 11 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP) and RAPID]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]