Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD
Samsung's 850 EVO M.2 is packaged is a small white box with a picture of the drive on front. The drive's capacity is advertised along with the drive's interface and 3D V-NAND technology.
On the rear of the packaging, Samsung advertises the drives five-year limited warranty.
Inside the box, the drive is protected from damage by a clear plastic tray type enclosure.
The front half of the drive has a full-length manufacturers label affixed to it. The label lists the drive's capacity, model number, serial number and a warning that the warranty will be voided if the label is removed.
The back half of the drive is devoid of components and has a label that identifies it as an 850 EVO M.2 SSD powered by 3D V-NAND.
Here is the front half of the drive with the label removed. This side of the PCB houses both of the drives 256GB 3D TLC flash packages, dual-core MGX controller, and a single 512MB LPDDR3 DRAM package.
Here is a close-in view of the drive's dual-core ARM-based MGX controller.
Here is a close-in view of one of the drive's two 256GB synchronous TLC flash packages.
Here we have a shot of the drive's 4Gb (512MB) LPDDR3 DRAM package.
Finally, a close-in view of the drive's edge connector.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD retails for $194.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Samsung Magician 4.6 and Samsung Data Migration Software]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 11 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP) and RAPID]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]