EVGA's SuperNOVA G2 1600W is a power supply that not only looks good on paper, but pulls through in every way just as you would hope after reading about it. EVGA promises quiet operation with superb build quality, low noise, and tight regulation. That's exactly what the SuperNOVA G2 1600W power supply delivers and exactly what it excels at.
The SuperNOVA G2 1600W rivals our current king of the hill unit which is the AX1500i from Corsair. From a voltage regulation standpoint, it beats it hands down. The unit shows less than 1% regulation across the board. DC output quality is absolutely amazing. The SuperNOVA G2 1600W starts out at 6mv and climbs to 12mv at a load of 1000W. This is nearly identical to that of our AX1500i, but it does have the edge since it started out at 5mv. Finally, the unit is rated as an 80 PLUS Gold unit and our test results show it well above what it should be achieving to reach that certification.
EVGA has something that nobody else in the industry has and that is a ten-year warranty on this unit. That speaks a lot about this PSU as no other company has ever provided a warranty this long. Doing it with such a high-end unit that is likely to be put to the test time and time again for extended periods of time shows a lot of confidence in it and that is something that you should be able to have yourself if you purchase this unit.
The real kicker on this unit is the price and that will be the tipping point for many. On the surface, a $350 power supply may seem like a bit much. Especially so when you consider that it doesn't provide the same monitoring that you can get from Corsair. It is still comparatively priced and a power supply of this wattage isn't easy to make by any means. If you absolutely have to have the efficiency and digital monitor, the Corsair unit is still going to be the top choice. If not, the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W power supply will be the best you can get.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||93%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: EVGA's SuperNOVA G2 1600W power supply is without a doubt one of the best power supplies we have ever seen, with superb performance and is priced accordingly.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply retails for $274.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- Nimbus Data launches 100TB SSD, servers house 100PB easily
- Microsoft looks to the future with DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit