EVGA's external packing is relatively bland. Aside from wattage and efficiency, there isn't anything else on the front of the box.
The back presents us with quite a laundry list of features in multiple languages. We can see that the unit is fully modular, features 100% Japanese capacitors, and has a ten-year warranty.
The other half provides us with a list of cables and the I/O specifications.
Aside from a few claims of being number 1, there is nothing else to be found on the external packaging.
Inside the Box
Moving to the internal packaging, we find the power supply surrounded by foam and on its side.
The unit by itself is larger than many others including their external packaging.
The top gives us our first look at the unit and has the serial number visible. The finish on the unit is a textured black.
Both sides feature the same label so that everything is visible no matter where it is installed in a case.
The front of the unit is packed with about as many modular connections as possible. All of them are clearly labelled.
The back features standard honeycomb mesh for ventilation, along with a heavy duty on/off rocker switch and AC input.
Flipping the unit over reveals the ventilation for the unit. The EVGA logo is stamped into the case of the unit as well.
Included in the box are the user manual and giant bag-o-cables.
All of the cables are black in color and fully sleeved in black mesh.
Accessories include mounting screws, Velcro cable ties, AC input cord, and connector which lets you turn on the unit without have it connected to a motherboard.
The power cable is very heavy duty and uses a C19 connector. It also has a very beefy end on it for you to grab on to.
The other end has a heavy duty connector on it as well.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply retails for $274.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- GIGABYTE's new X399 Designare EX motherboard looks GREAT
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower