EVGA's external packing is relatively bland. Aside from wattage and efficiency, there isn't anything else on the front of the box.
The back presents us with quite a laundry list of features in multiple languages. We can see that the unit is fully modular, features 100% Japanese capacitors, and has a ten-year warranty.
The other half provides us with a list of cables and the I/O specifications.
Aside from a few claims of being number 1, there is nothing else to be found on the external packaging.
Inside the Box
Moving to the internal packaging, we find the power supply surrounded by foam and on its side.
The unit by itself is larger than many others including their external packaging.
The top gives us our first look at the unit and has the serial number visible. The finish on the unit is a textured black.
Both sides feature the same label so that everything is visible no matter where it is installed in a case.
The front of the unit is packed with about as many modular connections as possible. All of them are clearly labelled.
The back features standard honeycomb mesh for ventilation, along with a heavy duty on/off rocker switch and AC input.
Flipping the unit over reveals the ventilation for the unit. The EVGA logo is stamped into the case of the unit as well.
Included in the box are the user manual and giant bag-o-cables.
All of the cables are black in color and fully sleeved in black mesh.
Accessories include mounting screws, Velcro cable ties, AC input cord, and connector which lets you turn on the unit without have it connected to a motherboard.
The power cable is very heavy duty and uses a C19 connector. It also has a very beefy end on it for you to grab on to.
The other end has a heavy duty connector on it as well.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1600W 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply retails for $274.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit