Benchmarks - Wired Throughput
LAN-to-LAN throughput landed the TEW-828DRU on par with most solutions in our chart. Comparing it to other AC3200 solutions, it was slightly quicker than the Linksys solution, and nearly identical to the Netgear device.
WAN to LAN throughput reached a peak of 917 Mbps, similar to what we found with the Linksys solution.
Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput
Moving over to wireless throughput, both the 20MHz and 40MHz channels had the TRENDnet TEW-828DRU leading the pack within AC3200 solutions. With 20MHz, the router reached 124 Mbps, while 40MHz produced 227 Mbps.
5GHz performance was a bit up and down. With the 20MHz band, we reached 42 Mbps, while the 40MHz band picked up quite a bit landing at 215 Mbps. The 80MHz band was a bit of an underperformer as we found no way within the firmware to force the router to stay at 80Mhz. With that said, we did reach 307 Mbps during testing.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet AC3200 Tri Band Wireless Router (TEW-828DRU) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit