Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
While the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition is factory overclocked, that doesn't mean it doesn't have some headroom to squeeze out even more performance. We pushed its 1126MHz Core Clock up to around 1400MHz, but it wasn't stable. Knocking down to 1380MHz or so didn't help, even with more power being let into the card, with artifacts and our Metro: Last Light benchmark crashing.
We eventually found a sweet spot of 1360MHz on the Core, which resulted in a Boost Clock of 1512MHz. We ran our four tests (Battlefield 4 on Medium/Ultra, Metro: Last Light, 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme and Unigine Heaven all at 2560x1440).
During our Metro: Last Light benchmarking session at 2560x1440, the total test bed with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition was consuming around 280-285W. So even with a decent overclock, our entire system was still only using less than 300W.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
Heaven - 1440p
PRICING: You can find the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition retails for $478.98 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption, Sound Testing & Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!