With these X99 GIGABYTE boards, you should really only use the classic mode (gray BIOS) by pressing F2 when you are greeted by the very basic mode upon entrance into the UEFI. From the classic mode, you can access all the settings, including overclocking. While I only have access to the F1 BIOS, the first release for the X99-Gaming 5P, everything worked very well. Bugs from first wave GIGABYTE X99 motherboards, such as the rebooting that occurred with certain USB drives plugged in, have been solved and the UEFI performs as one would expect from a $300 product.
Overall I was impressed by the maturity of this first release UEFI. I do however wish that GIGABYTE would expand fan control, perhaps provide a GUI. When you enable the CPU mode switch, 6 extra voltages become available under the CPU voltage menu.
Only VL4, 5, and 6 should be increased. First start off with 1.44 or 1.45v on VL6 for cache overclocking. VLs will increase by auto rules, so you might not have to change them at all.
EasyTune is the go to program for most novice overclockers and it presents a decent amount of tuning options and monitoring. GIGABYTE also provides other programs through the APP center such as @BIOS, Ambient LED, Cloud Station, Smart Recovery 2, Fast Boot, Smart TimeLock, and SIV.
For more advanced overclockers, GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher (GTL) is much simpler and better.
Killer Network Manager and Creative's Sound Blaster suite are also provided.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming 5P]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming 5P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99-Gaming 5P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit