As mentioned in the summary, the T16's big brother, the T12, absolutely blew us away in testing. We rated this $25 speaker with a high score and plastered an award along with it. The T16 gave a similar response, but took off a speaker and added in a nice carry pouch.
Although once again charged through mini USB, this product looks to be solid and is of similar shape and design to the T16. Read on to find out our thoughts on this product.
This product contains a single 3W speaker in order to deliver you music or phone call audio. This driver has a frequency response of 80Hz - 20KHz, which is a slightly larger range than offered with the previously reviewed T12 and the same as the similarly specified T16.
Connectible to your device of choice through Bluetooth 2.1 or 3.5mm AUX options, this product measures 2.52 x 2.52 x 2.64 (inch) and weighs in at 6 ounces which is slightly less than the T16. The internal battery will provide you with a claimed 7 hours of playback time, however, I would say that this is for AUX only and the Bluetooth playback to be closer to 4.5 hours in total. It's unfortunately not listed exactly what size the battery is, but given similar models, you could comfortably say it is 400mAh.
Charged through mini-USB, this device comes with a supplied cable, which is an improvement on the T12 that came with an outdated wall charger (who does that anymore?), but it's still annoying that it's mini-USB at all as you're likely to have micro-USB cables coming out of your ears for other products.
Pricing & Availability
The Etekcity RoverBeats T3 will set you back a $19.99 plus shipping costs from Amazon. Add this speaker as another to the cheap Etekcity product range - cheap doesn't necessarily mean low quality either, from our experience.
What's in the box?
This speaker comes complete with a soft carry pouch, the mini-USB charging cable, the user guide and an AUX 3.5mm cable.
The AUX and charging cables are of adequate length and ensured I breathed a sigh of relief when untangled. Many companies are providing ridiculous 2-inch charging and AUX cables giving you no room to adapt or move and ensuring pain when trying to charge or play music through your newly purchased product. There's an included anti-skid pad attached to the bottom of the frame. There's also the soft pouch, which is always a great inclusion in my books, as I feel all accessories that will be constantly on the move should feature a carry case.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity RoverBeats T3 Wireless Mobile Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Etekcity RoverBeats T3 Wireless Mobile Speaker retails for $19.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best