Drive Details - Patriot Ignite M2 480GB SATA III M.2 SSD
Patriot's Ignite M2 SSD is packaged in a card style blister pack. No screws are included.
On the rear of the packaging, Patriot lists some of the drive's features and specifications. Also noted is the drives 3-year warranty.
The front side of the drive has a full-length manufacturers label affixed to it. The label lists the drive's physical size (2280=22mm X 80mm), capacity, model number and a warning that the warranty will be voided if the label is removed.
The rear of the drive houses two of the drive's 4 flash packages and a DRAM cache package.
Here is the front half of the drive with the label removed. This side of the PCB houses two flash packages and the drive's Phison S10 controller.
Here is a close-in view of the drive's S10 controller.
Here is a close-in view of one of the drive's four Micron 128GB 16nm asynchronous MLC flash packages.
Finally, a close-in view of the drive's edge connector and lone DRAM package. This 4Gb (512MB) Nanya 1600MHz CL 11 DDR3 DRAM package is utilized for caching LBA addresses.
Test System Configuration
- Drive Properties
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to replicate a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We feel that most of you will be utilizing your SSD's for your boot volume and that presenting you with results from an OS volume is more relevant than presenting you with empty secondary volume results. We unintentionally over-filled the drive slightly to 80% and decided doing so would not have much of an impact in comparison to filling the drive to 75% of its capacity.
System settings: Cstates and Speed stepping are both disabled in our systems BIOS. Windows High Performance power plan is enabled. Windows write caching is enabled, and Windows buffer flushing is disabled. We are utilizing Windows 8.1 64-bit for all of our testing except for our MOP (Maxed-Out Performance) benchmarks where we switch to Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam