Quality on the Fatal1ty X99 Professional is top notch; from the 8 layer/2oz copper PCB to the 12K Nichicon capacitors, ASRock is giving users great quality components. I was initially under the impression that this board carries the same VRM as the X99 Extreme6, but I was mistaken. The Fatal1ty X99 Professional carries double the amount of MOSFETs, and it shows in the thermal testing.
Overall temperatures are much lower when the system is under the same load and overclock, however, idle temperatures are a bit higher (because of more switching components), but I would take lower load temperatures over lower idle temperature almost every time. I was impressed with power consumption numbers considering the increased amount of MOSFETs, and with the VRM as a whole.
The Fatal1ty X99 Professional is a high-end X99 motherboard at a reasonable price. The board has a crazy amount of features including 11x USB 3.0 ports, dual 4x M.2 slots, 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX capability, all the OC features one might want, and dual LAN. There are boards that boast the same amount of features, but their price tags are closer to $400, if not higher. Many of these boards also don't offer the proper 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX spacing the Fatal1ty X99 Professional has, and carry an Ultra M.2 port at the same time. However, you are making a trade-off and losing some PCI-E lanes for 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX when you have an Ultra M.2 slot with this configuration.
What is impressive is that ASRock isn't sharing much bandwidth; you can get away with running almost every port/slot at the same time. While it has a ton of features, performance is average, but with X99, "average" is well above the norm. If you are a gamer looking for a plethora of the latest features and technologies, and don't want to break the bank, then the Fatal1ty X99 Professional might be the right choice for you.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||87%|
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||89%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: If you are a gamer looking for a plethora of the latest features and technologies, and don't want to break the bank, then the Fatal1ty X99 Professional might be the right choice for you.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL retails for $371.42 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 retails for $379 at PLE Computers.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99 Professional]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- Marvel writer hired for Netflix's Witcher show
- Secretlab temporarily slash $191 off TITAN Temp gaming chair
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series