The VRM on this board consists of 12 phases. ASRock has focused on power density by utilizing lower profile 60A inductors and more integrated phases. The output filter consists of 8x 560uF solid 12K Nichicon Platinum capacitors at 4480uF. The VRM is made up of 24 dual N-Channel MOSFETs, 12 are located on the front of the PCB and 12 on the back of the PCB.
The PWM controller is an Intersil ISL6379 Digitally Controlled Hybrid 6 phase PWM. There is no datasheet, but I would venture to guess that it is a 6+1 phase PWM. ASRock uses 6x Intersil ISL6611A which are phase doublers with integrated dual drivers to double 6 phases to 12 phases. ASRock is using 24x FDMS3660S which are dual N-Channel MOSFETs from Fairchild Semiconductor in the PowerTrench package. They have very good thermal and current ratings at 13A/30A (high/low side) at only 2.5W, which is excellent.
Each memory VRM is like a two phase version of the CPU VRM, using two extra ISL6379 PWMs and the same dual N-Channel PowerTrench MOSFETs for a total of three ISL6379 on the board. The memory DIMM's main MOSFETs need drivers and four tiny ones are found on the back of the board. The drivers are Intersil ISL6208. An MPS MPQ8632 is used for the VPP power for each set of the four DIMMs.
The PCH VRM is made up of a single phase PWM with drivers, the Anpec APW8720, and a Texas Instruments NexFET dual N-Channel MOSFET, the CSD87588N.
The audio is powered by an ALC1150 which compliments the Intel Azalia processor in the PCH and two Texas Instruments NE5532 are used to amplify the backpanel and front panel audio outputs. Eight Nichicon gold 100uF electrolytic audio capacitors are used for the analog domain and the audio circuitry is isolated to reduce noise.
The Fatal1ty X99 Professional has two wired NICs, one utilizes Intel's i218v and the other is a Killer e2200.
To expand the USB 3.0 from five Intel USB 3.0 ports to 11, ASRock uses two ASM1074 USB 3.0 hubs which take in one USB 3.0 signal and output four. Two USB 3.0 ports on the backpanel and the single connector located on the PCB are directly wired to the PCH.
ASRock is using two nuvoTon SuperIOs to facilitate all the extra overclocking features and basic SuperIO functions like fan control and temperature monitoring. A nuvoTon NCT6683D handles more complex and specialized tasks such as OC features, while the more common nuvoTon NCT6791D handles basic SuperIO functionality.
Here are either PCI-E 3.0 quick switches each switch two lanes. The first set switch 8x from the first slot to the second, while the second set switch 8x or 4x to and from the Ultra M.2 slot and the black PCI-E 16x slot. Finally a single PCI-E 3.0 quick switch is responsible for switching S_SATA3_3 bandwidth to the PCI-E 2.0 4x M.2 slot (not the Ultra M.2).
Dual Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs are located in DIP sockets for easy replacement, and a BCD AZ75232 in the image on the right is a drivers and receivers IC for the COM port.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 PROFESSIONAL retails for $371.42 at Amazon.
Australia: The ASRock FATAL1TY X99 retails for $379 at PLE Computers.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99 Professional]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99 Professional Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam