In this section I will start off with the voltage regulators and then move to other important circuits.
This board has a very powerful VRM, capable of 650W (calculated using the same method as ASRock uses for their 1300W claim on their other X99 motherboards). ASRock is using 60A low profile power inductors. Twelve low profile POSCAP tantalum capacitors are used for a total of 3960uF output capacitance. Each of the power stages is fully integrated to save board real-estate.
ASRock has been using the Intersil ISL6379 Digitally Controlled 6-Phase PWM for most of its X99 lineup. It's a very good PWM with many of the latest technologies. For the power stages, ASRock is using the Fairchild DrMOS, FDMF5821DC, which is capable of 60A. Judging by the datasheet, this DrMOS has low power loss at high current ratings.
The memory VRM is powered by two Texas Instruments CSD87588N NexFETs, and controlled by a AMPW8720D which is a single phase buck controller. The DDR4 VPP rail is supplied by MPS MPQ8632 step-down converter.
Another MPS MPQ8632 is used for the PCH power.
This is the ASMedia ASM1142 which is a USB 3.1 controller connected to the backpanel USB 3.1 ports.
A Realtek ALC1150 is complemented by five Nichicon high quality electrolytic audio capacitors. A Texas Instruments NE5532 is located on the back of the board and amplifies the front panel audio output signal.
An Intel i218v is Intel's latest PHY to compliment the GBit MAC in the PCH; it provides one 1GBit NIC port. The other port is driven by an Intel i211AT.
This ASMedia 1480 PCI-E quick switch allows for the teaming of the two Intel NICs. A Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM is located in a DIP socket so it can be replaced if needed.
The nuvoTon NCT6791D handles SuperIO tasks (voltage and temperature monitoring and fan support) and supports the PS/2 keyboard or mouse port on the backpanel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Pro]
- Page 3 [X99E-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit