Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read transfers max out at 547 MB/s. Sequential write transfers max out at 444 MB/s. Write speed is quite not hitting spec, but keep in mind that this is our boot volume and it's 75% full.
Crucial's BX100 has a lower sequential write speed rating that the rest of the drives on our chart. Our BX100 is performing exactly as advertised. This chart clearly demonstrates why we recommend a 2-drive array over a single large SSD.
Read performance is where all SM2246EN based SSDs really shine. Crucial's BX100 500GB SSD is the fastest SM2246EN based drive we've tested to date.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSD's. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. Again, we have to say Crucial's BX100 is performing exactly as advertised.
Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The BX100 does not excel at random read performance; at least not to the level of the premium SSD's that populate our chart. Our 2-drive does manage to surpass the performance of those premium SSDs at QD16 to QD32.
Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Random write performance while not stellar is still very good. Our BX100 single drive is able to best both Intel's 730 and SanDisk's Extreme Pro at QD2. Our 2-drive BX100 array delivers nearly twice the performance of a single BX100 and easily smokes the premium drives on our chart. This is why we recommend you get two smaller capacity drives and RAID them.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4k and 4k queue depths with accuracy.
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4.
Crucial's BX100 has superior sequential read performance, second only to Samsung's 850 Pro. Outstanding performance with half the channels, that's what Silicon Motion's SM2246EN is all about. Take a look at our 2-drive array, its damn fast; delivering roughly twice the sequential performance of any single SSD on our chart.
Overall, the BX100 has slightly lower write performance than the rest of the drives on our chart. This is really good performance from a 4-channel controller. Once again, we can clearly see the advantage a 2-drive array brings to the table.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.7.4739.38088
AS SSD determines the performance of Solid-State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD.
Crucial's BX100 again delivers excellent performance for an entry-level SSD. Let's see what our workload simulation testing reveals.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Array Properties]
- Page 3 [SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6