Supermicro Gaming S5 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front bezel is where most of this design's flavour is found. Using the bright red at the top, left, and bottom edges, along with the ring around the mesh section does make this attractive. Using brushed aluminium at the top and around the mesh definitely dresses this up as well.
By pushing in at the center of the top of the front vent, the clip will release and allows the cover to angle out. You do have to lift the filter off of a set of pins at the side, but allows great easy access for cleaning of swapping out the fans later on in the cases life.
Right above the pair of 5.25" bay covers, we find the front I/O panel. In it, we see microphone and headphone jacks at the left, next to the pair of USB 3.0 connections. There is then a tiny HDD activity LED, a square reset button, and a rectangular backlit power button at the right end.
The top of the chassis does not leave a bunch of exposed steel to view, but instead we have a thin edge of steel around a large ventilated area that runs from front to back. We also find that the mesh on top is actually magnetic and easily lifts out of the way.
Removing the dust filter, we can see that Supermicro opened the top as much as possible to allow for optional fan or even AIO cooling support. In doing so, they also left enough steel and molded sections to allow this chassis to still be very solid in its feel.
The left side of the chassis is largely an expanse of textured black steel panel. At the back, over the CPU and video cards, there is a mesh pattern of circles cut out there. While the fan mounting holes are not so obvious, you could install fans here, depending of course on the CPU cooler choice.
The back of the chassis is our first inclination that the interior of the chassis is lefty natural, as this back panel is left natural and not painted. There is ventilation above the I/O and fan, and seven solid expansion slot covers. The PSU does install at the bottom, and if you would like external water cooling, a pair of knock-outs offers that choice.
With just a tiny stripe of red to break up all the black on this side, we do find a solid right panel with no bumps for wiring or option for a CPU socket fan to break up this side of the chassis design.
The underside of the chassis is natural as well, and at the edges, very near the front and back are the round plastic feet with rubber pads that do give this a solid footing. We also see down the middle of this chassis that they have offered a magnetic dust filter for the entire bottom covering optional fan locations and the PSU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market