After a couple of days of solid use, I have to say that I'm actually impressed with the battery life on the Galaxy S6 edge. I had posted some first impressions onto our Facebook page on the first day, with the battery life disappearing quick.
I had my Google account being restored to the device, so all of my settings, applications and more were being synced at the time. After a couple of days of real-world usage, the battery life began moving into a better rhythm and extending its life past 12 hours of normal usage.
I can't be too critical on the battery life just yet, as you need a good week or two at the absolute bare minimum to have any judgment on the battery life. But for the first 48 hours or so, the battery life has been impressive.
Samsung Made Some Mistakes Getting Here
Keyboard: The first thing that I did to my Galaxy S6 edge once it was all synced with my Google account was install and setup SwiftKey. Samsung's excuse for a software keyboard is just so bad, I don't know how people can use it and enjoy it. My advice: install SwiftKey, and never go back, ever.
No SD card slot: This is forgivable, as the iPhone doesn't have it and some people are completely fine with that. I've never been one to use an SD card in my phone, as I will just remove it all and throw it into my Google Drive account (or onto my PC or NAS) and then free up that space. But, for some people, this is a game-changing part of the S6, and S6 edge - the removal of the SD card slot.
Noisy Home button: I don't know how Samsung got away with this, but the Home button makes an almighty loud sound when it's pressed down. It's annoyingly loud.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X consoles come with PUBG for limited time
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Infinity Ward opens new studio in Poland
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series